8 pounds 4 ounces
19.25 inches
8:16 am
We had eagerly been awaiting the arrival of Calvin for a while and since he was a scheduled c-section his arrival was not nearly as stressful or draining as his big sister's. Typical of the second child syndrome, we were still putting the finishing touches of his room together, installing the car seat, etc. the day before the scheduled c-section. In fact, we didn't even pack our hospital bags until 9:30 the night before the c-section. My doctor assured me that I was not going into labor early and she was right. We arrived at the hospital bright and early at 6 am and by 7:30 am I was getting prepped for the procedure. It was quite a different chain of events from the 24 hour induction that we had with Carolyn. Since it was planned I was lucky enough to be able to have my friend Camille request to be my nurse and I was also guaranteed my own doctor which with the size of medical practices anymore is not always guaranteed. So anyway, after a few bags of IV fluids, some blood work, and paper signing I was off to the operating room. (it was a little odd walking into the room all on my own) The surgery went well with the only hiccup being that they had to use the vacuum on Calvin's head not once but three times to try and get him out. Needless to say, he seemed to be in no hurry to enter the world.
Like any good Smith family member I deal with big events by cooking a big meal. So for the last supper I prepared chicken, sliced potatoes, fruit salad, and tomatoes and mozzarella.
Bright and early and ready to meet lil' man.
I have been so lucky to have both Camille and Dr. Hughes there for both of my delivery days.
Finding out what a big boy he was!
Proud parents! (Looks like I was getting some more of the good stuff in my iv in the background)
Laying in the warmer
First bath- He had quite the audience for his first bath. Nursing students, residents, and lots of family!
Proud grandparents and big sis
Getting to know big sister and Grandma Judy
His upset face is so pathetic!
Proud papa and his mini me
This guy loves to cuddle on mommy.
Car ride home! He was about 7.11 at discharge time and on his first car ride home we made a detour to get food for mom and dad at Moe's and to pick up big sis from her last day of camp!
We are totally in love with this little guy and think that he makes the perfect Calvin Thomas and the perfect addition to our family! Even though it's only been 7 weeks we feel as if he has always been a member of our family.







No comments:
Post a Comment